Your best friend is a guy, and you want him to be a part of your wedding party. A lot of brides in this situation would have him be a groomsman and do everything with the groom and his friends. But there’s nothing wrong with keeping him on your side of the aisle! Here are some reasons why it’s just fine (and even preferred) to have a bridesman in your wedding party.
- No complaints about the bridesmaid dress. Your guy will most likely wear a suit or tux similar to the ones the groomsmen wear. You can make him a different boutonniere or have him wear a different vest or bowtie to show that he’s on the bride’s side.
- No cattiness. Guys are known for telling it to you straight. If they have a concern, you need an answer, or they’re not getting along with someone, you can depend on them to handle it in a more straightforward and honest way.
- You’ll get a guy’s point of view. Getting a surprise gift for the groom and want a guy’s opinion? Talk to your bridesman!
- It’s more personal. If your best friend is a guy, then you should have him up there with you. Who cares what wedding traditions say? It will mean much more to you as you walk down the aisle to see your true friends up there with you, not your random co-worker you picked to fill out the lineup.
- He’ll serve as your “Male Ambassador.” Having a guy at your bridal shower or bachelorette party means it may not get as cheesy or girly, which is a plus for many brides. Plus, he’ll make an excellent wing-man for your single friends when you’re out on the town.
Are you thinking of having a bridesman or a man of honor in your wedding? Talk to him and make sure he’s ok with being on “your side.” And make sure to let the ladies know a guy will be attending the bachelorette festivities in case they had any female-only activities planned. Finally, grab him a bridesman sash or man of honor sash so he can join in on all of the fun and show off his status!
Let us know in the comments if you had a bridesman in your wedding!