And I DON’T mean your Color Scheme!
Like many of you Brides and Bachelortette’s out there, I want all of my wedding and festivities to – if not be completely environmentally responsible (which can be over-whelming in regards to weddings) then at least environmentally mindful. That’s what I mean when I say having a GREEN Bachelorette Party…a party that celebrates you, your friendships, your love and your wedding, while having a more minimal impact on the planet!
As I am less than 1 year from the big “I Do”- I am on a CRAZY shopping/consumption spree…the likes of which I will probably never repeat in my life-time….but…I am also concerned about the environment and our planet’s future.
GREEN Bachelorette Party Transportation : Skip the Gas Guzzling HUMMER LIMO and opt for something a little more environmentally friendly. Walking or biking would be the top pick, but even an entourage of Hybrids would be an improvement. You can have fun decorating the car(s) for the big night, and the decorations can be reused (so pass them on to the next Bride-to-be! Also, keeping your Bachelorette Party a local event will cut down on how far people need to travel.
What to Wear to your Bachelorette Party: If you want a Bachelorette Tee for your group of girls to wear, try an organic tee. Organic t-shirts are made of cotton grown without pesticides. Organic clothing is a hot new trend that is improving cotton farming around the world.
GREEN Bachelorette Party Decorations: Look for decorations made from Recycled paper. Also, saving and reusing decorations is a great way to cut back.
GREEN Bachelorette Party Invitations: E-mail those party invites to your guest to save money and the planet! Click here for some great FREE e-card bachelorette Party inviatations.
Host an Outdoor Bachelorette Party: Sure it’s a bit non-traditional, but a hike with your girlfriends is not only earth friendly, but gives everyone a chance to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors. Here is a list of outdoor Bachelorette Party Ideas:
- The Bachelorette Olympics – Find a local Fun Park or set up your own Bachelorette Olympics – Try an obstacle course, jousting, a ropes course…you come up with the games and keep the competition going with great prizes for the Bride-to-be and the bachelorettes!
- A Camping Bachelorette Party – Gather the tents and tell you guests to bring their sleeping bag for a night under the stars complete with a bonfire and ghost stories…What a Blast!
- A Bachelorette Bike Ride – Start by decorating the brides bike, gathering a picnic lunch and head out on the trail with your bachelorettes! This bachelorette party will relax the bride and keep her in shape for her wedding dress!
- Bachelorette Zip Line Party – Imaging your bride (in veil and all) zipping along above the canopy of trees in a forest! Simply find your nearest Zip Line Park and gather the bachelorettes for a day flying thru the air! Bring your camera…this idea promises a lot of great photo opportunities!
- The Bachelorette vs. the Bachelors Baseball/Football Game -Have the bachelorette party challenge the bachelor Party to a friendly game of baseball or Football. Assign cheerleaders and come up with cheers for each team. Wear “team” T-shirts: Bachelorette for the girls and Bachelor for the guys!! ***CLICK HERE*** to see 10 more ideas for a combined Bachelor/Bachelorette Party!
- Golfing Bachelorette Party – Spend a day on the Links with your bride and bachelorettes. Rent carts, keep scores and give out prizes…and if you meet any cute guy golfers on the 19th hole…invite them back to the clubhouse for drinks with the group!
- Parachuting Bachelorette Party – Ever think jumping out of a plane was a good idea? Try a tandem jump with the entire bachelorette party! I guarantee an experience you will be talking about for years!
- Horseback riding Bachelorette Party – Head to the dude ranch for a day of beautiful trail rides or equestrian feats! After the ride, take the party to the local saloon for a tall cold one and invite a few cute cowboys too!
- Ski Weekend Bachelorette Party – Rent a condo at the local ski hill and invite your bachelorettes for a fun weekend. Spend the day on the slopes, and the evenings in the hot tub or at the local gathering place in front of a roaring fire.
- Frisbee Golf Bachelorette Party – Enjoy a round of frisbee gold with the bride and bachelorettes at your local university or college. After your round give the winners a prize and head to the local college bars for some fun and drinks!
- Rollerblading/skating/Iceskating Bachelorette Party – Head to the local roller rink for a flashback bachelorette that everyone will be talking about. Tell the bachelorettes to dress in their favorite retro rollerskating outfits and make sure the DJ knows the bride’s favorite tunes!
- Bachelorette Snorkeling – Head out on an undersea adventure if your near the ocean or if not – just have a snorkeling class with your bachelorettes at the local pool or lake!
- Surfing Class with the Bachelorettes – If you lucky enough to be on a coast, give a surfing lesson a try and take the entire Bachelorette Party with you! Afterward have a bonfire on the beach, put on your party Leis and invite your cute surf instructor to join you!
- White Water Rafting, Bachelorette Style – If you’ve never tried white water rafting this is the perfect Bachelorette Party for you! Pick adventurous rapids or a relaxing float down a lazy river – either way with your Bachelorette along for the ride, you will have a great time!
- Rock Climbing Bachelorette – The local rock climbing gym will LOVE to host your Bachelorette Party. Be sure and request their cutest instructor!
- The Bachelorette Habitat for Humanity Party – Get out your tool belt and grab your bachelorettes for a FUN day of helping others and building homes! Invite the hottest carpenters on the job to the “after party” at your local pub!
- The Bachelorette “Walk” Party – Pick the brides favorite charity and join in their walk event. Get the entire Bachelorette Party matching shirts and make sure each bachelorette has a lot of sponsors donating for your group. At the end of the walk donate all of the proceeds in the brides name.
- The Bachelorette Trash Pick-Up Party – Take the bachelorette party to the brides favorite park and spend a few hours picking up trash. After the work is over enjoy a relaxing picnic along with party games.
- Have a Bachelorette Day at the Local Animal Shelter – Take the entire Bachelorette Group to the local animal shelter for a fun day with the dogs and cats. Volunteer to help with an adoption fair, feed the animals, walk the dogs, clean up the kennels, etc.
- Take your Bachelorettes on a Segue Tour - Try a Segue for a FUN unexpected tour with all of your bachelorettes. You won’t believe how much fun a Segue can be! Really daring? Try playing a game…like segue polo, or segue hide and seek…FUN and good for the environment!!!
- Climb a Mountain with your Bachelorettes – Pick a small mountain, perhaps a 3-4 hour hike to the top (for example: Mt. Si near Seattle would be a perfect choice). Pack some snacks and your camera and make it a quest. Most people have never climbed a mountain – and what a great memory for both the Bride and the Bachelorettes.
As always, please send me your great additions and comments! THANKS!
Have the World’s Best Bachelorette Party and …
The House of Bachelorette